Already?! Thus far I have . . .
1. Failed at all resolutions, particularly the one that had to do with reading 100 books. Obviously I’ve read a lot more than a hundred this year, but because I specifically stated I would only consider those I read for fun, this excludes all but twenty or so.
2. Written a new story, possibly the only one this year. You can read it here.
3. Learned a bit of Muay Thai and other martial arts. While far from an expert, I did drop about twenty pounds or so. Could I kick your ass? Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.
4. Donned a red hood and skipped into the woods . . . well, for a photoshoot.
5. Beach-bummed in Bohol, Camotes, and Boracay.
6. Taken part in two plays: The Vagina Monologues and Emotional Creature.
7. Grown older. Drat.
8. Been stuck in this (for want of a better term) quagmire of inertia. Double drat.
9. Posted food photos and selfies, played games, fangirled, and engaged in every single unnecessary, unproductive time waster you could possibly imagine . . .
Right. This is getting depressing. I really don’t want to talk about this year anymore. I can’t even bring myself to say ‘Happy New Year’ with conviction. Instead, I’ll focus on one thing that DOES make me happy: In Scotland, an annual Hogmanay (oh, Google it, you lazy git) tradition includes the burning of a Viking longship.
Suddenly fireworks seem pretty lame, huh?